4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Last weeks of summer

Well, Rando has already started his annual song of "summer is over". Needless to say this always makes me ill! I love my job, but I love the time at home and extra time with him. He has also enjoyed reminding me that starting this coming Friday he will be the one kicking me out of the bed as he gets to sleep late!

I have tried to make the most out of these last 2 weeks of summer. I have had several softball games (we finally won a game - woo hoo). I have also worked a lot in my classroom. It is coming along, but there is so much still to do. I am in a new classroom which I am very happy about, but it takes extra work to move and reset everything up.

Below are some pictures from the highlights of my last 2 weeks!

I enjoyed lunch last Saturday with a dear high school friend Kelly. When we get together it is like we have never skipped a beat. I loved hearing about her little boy and how great her family is doing.



Last Wednesday I went to the Braves game with some friends from work. We had a great time laughing and watching some baseball. Of course the funniest part of the night was our shirtless Indian friend (he was drunk and creepy)! We also almost witnessed a fight right in front of us. It was a little scary. I did finally see the Braves win a game after going to 5 or so games where they lost.



Thursday night it was back to the Braves game for me. Dana, the Cohoon girls, and I rode down to Atlanta to make sure we got the free Brian McCann shirts. Rando and Byron joined us later! We had a great time! It is so fun to hang out with my husband, sister, and great friends. Brittany and Byron have become our double date partners! I have known Brittany since she moved to Georgia about 13 years ago, and we are good friends with Byron from our time in Monroe. Enjoy these fun pictures from our LONG night at the Braves game (it went 14 innings)!









Finally, yesterday I spent the day laying in the pool trying to get some sun (oops - I got a little too much). Mom, Dana, and I swam and laughed for hours. Somehow we convinced dad to go get some meat to grill so we could swim more and not have to get dried and dressed to go out to eat. Rando came over and all 6 of us enjoyed hamburgers and all the fixings (well, Rando and dad were hoping for Campton, but we girls and Adam enjoyed the burgers).

I cannot delay the inevitable anymore. It is so hard to believe that it is time to go back. Where did the summer go?

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you have been a busy lady! I have been gone for so long it feels like--catching back up on the blogging world now. Have a blessed school year-I know it's always hard to have to go back this first Monday!
Glad you had such a great vacation, too!
Steph Lyon

Anonymous said...

AMANDA! I TOLD you not to wrap me up in that business. I was happy either way. Campton's...Grilling...I was happy. I neither pushed nor advocated for either one. So...there. Yeah.