4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Twins!!!!

Oh my! We have had an exciting day! As tired as I have been I can't imagine trying to go to sleep right now. While at our 1st ultrasound I asked, "It is only one?" Kind of surprised because I have thought for weeks and honestly most of my life that I was having / would have twins. The nurse said, "No, actually there are two." Of course then Rando wanted to have clarification that there were only two. We just sat there and laughed because we were so thrilled and shocked and a million other emotions. I can honestly say I wasn't scared at all (well except for when I thought about delivery and I still can't stomach that). We are so thankful we serve an awesome God that does not give more than we can handle!

These last few weeks I haven't been able to update because when I have gotten home I have not been very mobile. I have been exhausted (and now understand why). I have also been sick a good bit. I hope that part is coming to an end soon!

Our families were thrilled. Rando's mom didn't believe us so we had to send a picture to her through the phone. She was excited when she got to see the picture!My dad's face in the pictures below are hysterical! Adam was fun to listen to on the phone, and Dana proclaimed to all that she knew it because she was with me when I tried on maternity clothes the first time and no girl this early is showing that much without there being 2. Mom is excited and said she kind of knew but didn't want to get my hopes up. My grandparents were shocked! My grandmother in Florida couldn't stop laughing. She has a twin brother and my granddad had a twin sister. This is why it wasn't a surprise. Of course it was suppose to be my mom that had the twins, but I am glad we are getting this extra joy!

We have had a great day! Enjoy the pictures below! We appreciate the prayers and love of all of our friends and family!





13 comments:

April said...

Congratulations! That is SOOO exciting!

Senegal Daily said...

WOW!!! That's wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, twins are said to skip a generation, so it makes sense that you are having twins and NOT your parents! Congrats!

Josh and Donna said...

how fun!! that's AWESOME!! we were in the same boat...twins running in the family and when i was so sick, that's all i heard. i was happy for my 2nd ultrasound pic to confirm it was only 1. :o) tho i've also been told the likelihood for multiples increases with every pregnancy...

Kelly Ford said...

OH MY!!! I am so excited for yall!!!

mary said...

yay! i'm so happy for you guys...

When i had my first ultrasound I was so sure that there were two in there, but just one for now! I think that's about all I can handle! Congrats again!!!

The Marlatts said...

Oh it is just so perfect that you two are having twins! So perfect! You are right; God won't give you anything you can't handle - and he knew y'all have double the love, joy, and discipleship to raise multiples! As disappointed as I was you weren't updating, this was DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT!!! (I feel ya, btw, with being so tired and sick!) Awesome, awesome news! What a blessing for y'all and for those of us who follow your lives. :)

Matt and Kim said...

YEAH!!! That is so exciting!! Congratulations twice over!

Catherine Smith said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes wonderful. The good part is that usually with twins you don't have to go the full 40 weeks :) You guys are going to be such fun parents, love, catherine denson

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh! how cool! i have chill bumps and tears all at once. man-amazing. congrats! take good care of yourself, as you are a busy mommy, knitting 2 babies! don't overdue it, girlfriend!
keep the updates coming. how fun!
stephanie lyon

Adam W. said...

It's probably better that Mom didn't have twins. I can't imagine there being two of ANY of us, much less me! Think about it. Two Adams! Obviously, one wouldn't be named Adam, but still. Wow.
Let's just hope that this is the only "double blessing" this family gets. Not sure I can handle twins. Then again, I'm a good ways from that. Kinda need to be dating at least to even think about family and such.

The Mattox Family said...

WOW! TWINS! I got to see your dad back at the beginning of September and he said you were expecting. God is amazing. So happy for you guys.
Erin

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. I hope y'all are doing well. We need to catch up sometime soon. We haven't seen y'all in forever!