4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

14 weeks!

Wow! Time flies by! It seems like yesterday that we learned we were pregnant and then that we were having twins! Today we got to see our precious babies again. One of my students asked if I was going to the doctor to let the babies out today. We have a LONG time until that comes. Both babies are very healthy with strong heart beats. We are hoping to do a 3D ultrasound in a few weeks and if we time it right we should be able to learn the gender(s).

This last week mom and I went to look at baby beds. We got such a good deal that we got the whole bedroom set. I can already tell these babies are going to be spoiled, and I am going to be broke! I am hoping to clean out the baby room and prepare it for furniture over the holidays. That is going to be a BIG task!

For those that have been asking, I am getting a belly. I have been showing a while but unless I wear my maternity jeans (I can't wear any other jeans) others can't tell b/c I am only comfortable in looser pants. I have to say that so far pregnancy has done me some good in the weight matter. I have actually lost weight since my first appt., but I know that is not going to last. For a while there I was throwing up a couple times a day, but now it is down to maybe once a week so I know those numbers will be rising (but I have a good excuse now).

I now have a lot of my energy back and feel pretty good. I don't feel like I am a terrible teacher anymore b/c for a few weeks there I had very little energy and could not devote near the time I need to on my students. My kids are too cute! I have the best class in the world this year (sorry if I had your child in the past, but I am learning that 1st grade is wonderful). One kid told me today that he can't wait to meet my babies b/c they are going to be so cute! Another kid asks me if I am okay every time I cough or sneeze. I am in good hands at school!

Rando has been a king! He is so good to me and these babies! I am so blessed! My dad is cracking me up. He has never been an overprotective dad, but now he is! We both have such wonderful families!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than a month away and Christmas 2 months. Time is flying by! Take some time to spend with your family this weekend and I can't forget to say, "GO DAWGS!!!!!"

Love you all!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun!!! Love that the kid in your class asks if you are o.k. That is too sweet!

mary said...

Yay Amanda!! Sounds like your kids are super cute!!!

Josh and Donna said...

glad you're feeling better! post us some belly shots soon. :o)

Kelly Ford said...

Jeff saw your dad at Dougs store in harbins and said he seems so excited. I'll actually be 14 weeks tomorrow, so we are just a few days apart (although, i'm sure your babies will come sooner than my one!). We are praying for you! Hope you keep feeling great. Cant wait to know the sex(s).

Adam W. said...

If y'all need help over the break with organizing/arranging/cleaning or whatever, let me know.

Just don't ask me to get up too early. That one ain't gonna happen.