4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Monday, July 2, 2007

Zoo and Wedding

WOW! Last week was a busy week! During the days Rando worked (he had to catch up from being gone a week) and I cleaned house, worked in my classroom, and met with my friend who is also completing her portfolio for our Masters. The evenings were full of outdoor activities. 2 nights we pulled weeds in our newly sodded backyard. I was so sore after 2 nights of that! Our backyard is starting to look so good though! I will have to take a picture in the next few weeks! On Thurs. night Rando had a meeting at the church, and I had softball practice (at the church). I realized how old I am getting because I could barely move Friday morning and even worse Friday night! I am looking forward to playing though.


Friday, we had a wonderful day at Zoo Atlanta. Rando had never been and I have only been a few times. Before I went at the beginning of the summer with Crystal (Rowe) Casey and her little Hannah, it had been years since I had been. We had a great time and will go back in the future! Below are a few pictures from the zoo.



I could take this baby home with me (until she started to grow of course)! Mei Lan is precious!



Rando in front of the gorillas. We didn't get to see the mamas and the babies because it was too hot (I don't blame them for going to the shade)!



Rando thought it would be fun to capture ever step I took coming out of the restrooms. It took me a while to realize he was taking pictures.

Finally, on Saturday I attended the wedding of a dear friend from school, Leila Stewart. The funny thing is she married a Dacula guy! Leila and I have found so many connections. One of my best friends in Rome grew up with her and now she is close to people who grew up at Hebron. The wedding was in Crawfordville near where she grew up. It was beautiful. Several of us from work went and had a great time talking and laughing during the ride to and from.


The girls with Leila (notice we were having to swat away south Georgia gnats).



Me and Leigh Anne, my new found friend! I can't wait to have a my classroom next to hers this coming year! She is a precious Christian friend and too sweet!

The coming 2 weeks I could use the prayers of my friends and family! My portfolio is due mid July for my masters and I need to finish it by the middle of next week! Being summer and all I have had a hard time focusing and finishing it. Please pray that I will work diligently and not get distracted. I also don't want to take away from mine and Rando's time together so I need to do it while he is either at work or asleep! Thank you for your prayers!

We pray that all of our friends have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! Please say a special pray for all of our service men and women and their families!

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

cute panda!! i mean, you guys are cute too, but i love that sweet bear.