4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We serve an awesome God - in the good and the bad!

The last week and a half have been so emotional. I have felt so convicted over being in a crummy mood because snow messed up my plans the other weekend. So many people are facing extremely trying and heartbreaking times, and I was upset over missing a gymnastics meet!

Last Monday, one of my sister's best friends was admitted into ICU with double pneumonia. This young lady is usually a picture of health and it is still hard to believe she is so sick. The week was a roller coaster ride for her family and friends. As I sat with Dana at the hospital I was amazed at the faith this family has and how when things seemed to be crashing they still had their eyes on Jesus and placed their hope and trust in Him. She is still in ICU and needs our prayers. Yesterday the family got some encouragement from 2 doctors. Keep praying for this young lady, her parents, sister and brother-in-law, extended family, and friends. As a big sister I also ask that you pray for my sister Dana as you can imagine this is hard on her as she watches her friend struggle.

Friday evening Dana and Adam were coming over to our house for dinner and Wii. Rando got called out on a horrible chaplaincy call that would just break your heart. Not too long later we learned that one of our college students, Justin John, had passed away after a very long battle with cancer. The 4 of us were saddened, but also rejoicing in the fact that he was no longer in pain. Justin is now in the presence of our Lord.

On a positive note we had a dear friend and one of our former youth give birth to a healthy baby boy. We got to go visit with them and hold this precious baby Saturday night. Friday night some of our good friends told us they were having a baby girl!

I say all this because I have been reminded over and over lately that our God (the 1 true and holy God)never leaves us. He never changes, and He never loses control. We can trust Him in every aspect of life: sickness, death, parenting, work issues, ministry, and anything else we may face.

I do not understand how people go through life without Christ! If you do not have a relationship with Christ talk to one of us or a Christian friend/relative. He loves you and wants to have a relationship with you!

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

I agree. I don't know where I would be if I couldn't trust in his faithfulness and promises. There is a lot of comfort for me in His sovereignty.