4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

So I have not had a spare second to blog in forever. I really don't have the time now, but I have 2 rollers so during floor time I can't leave the room. I never imagined working with kids would be as hard as it has been! I knew I would be fine emotionally, and I have been in regards to separation from the kids. I never realized how much of a perfectionist I was at work and not being perfect would tear me apart!

I spent the first 3-4 weeks of school trying to figure out how I could quit. I have NEVER wanted to be a stay at home mom, but I was so down about not being able to be the best teacher that I was ready to walk out the door. Don't get me wrong... I love my school, coworkers, administration, and I have great students this year.

I am use to being able to work until 6 or 7 to have everything ready and be on top of things daily. Well, I can't stay past 3:30 most days with an occasional late day of working until 5 or 6. It has been a very hard adjustment for me.

All that being said, I love my children and wouldn't trade them for the world. In fact, after having our 2 flood days I know that I could be a stay at home mom even when I thought I never could be. I know that God has me where I am for a purpose. I just have to learn to balance the kids, work, and time with Rando better!

1 comment:

Jen Dalton said...

Amanda, thanks for sharing your blog with us! Being a working mom is also the most challenging thing I tackled post babies. It is tough...no question there. Just remember, you are a mom FIRST. The best teacher will come from being the best mom FIRST. Remember to come and talk to those who are doing it with you...it will be a breath of fresh air!