4 Acres

4 Acres
Our 1 Year Olds!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy... and it is just beginning!

It has been forever since I have posted! We have been very busy. Between work, church, showers, doctors appointments, and date nights we have been on the go a lot. Things are still going good. I am 28 wks (well, I will be on Tuesday) and I feel good.

This last week I did get frustrating news when they told me I have gestational diabetes. For those of you that know me I have to be the worse person in the world to get this. I am such a picky eater and vegetables are not on my short list of likes (except the ones they won't let me have like potatoes). I am doing good so far at keeping a healthy diet and reading labels for carbs. I will be eating a lot of meat and cheese between now and the day the babies are born. My sweet husband is being so supportive and finished some cake for me so I didn't have to see it anymore (it was tough, but he did it - ha ha). I did tell him that the only gift he has to get me for giving birth to his babies is to have a Dr. Pepper beside me for as soon as these babies are born!

Every kick and roll (yes, they roll across my stomach) reminds me how worth it all of this is! I am so in love with these babies and can't wait to meet them. Rando and I have enjoyed spending time in prayer every morning before work praying for these babies, their futures, and for God to lead us as parents.

Below are some pictures from our latest adventures. It is GymDog season so we are there as much as we can be. We've been to 2 meets and are planning on going to the Florida meet (I can't wait to boo at a gymnastics meet b/c they are always so friendly, but I hear you get to boo when Florida does their chomp on the floor routine). Yes, I know I am such a good sport - ha ha! We have also had several showers. We are so blessed with great family and friends.












I am going to put some other pictures on another blog. We hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for your love and prayers!

1 comment:

Adam W. said...

Amanda, you are so beautiful, and I really do enjoy reading your blog, especially since we don't talk much right now. I don't know if I've told you just how excited I am about these babies, but it's alot. I hope I see y'all this weekend when I'm home, and enjoy the Gym Dawgs! GO DAWGS! And go read my blog. Nothing new yet, but hopefully soon. Live you! Keep updating!